- This event has passed.
Free Event – Time to Change Mental Health Event
February 1, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Time to Change Mental Health Event is taking place to celebrate Time to Talk Day on 1st February 2018.
The event is free and open to all groups, individuals and members of the public.
The Time to Change Leicester event is organised by Leicester City Council.
The event will be held at St Martins House Conference Centre, 7 Peacock Lane, Leicester from 10am – 4pm.
Time to talk day is an annual event which is part of National Time to Change – a campaign run by Mind and Rethink Mental Illness to tackle mental health stigma.
The event aims to facilitate conversations between those with or without lived experience of mental illness or mental health struggles, with the aim of creating open conversations. As well as challenging stigma, it will signpost that there is support out there and encourage people to reach out.
Highlights of the event include:
- Presentations from the Samaritans, as well as members of the University of Leicester’s Mental Health Awareness and Support Society to represent the importance of Student Mental Health
- Attendance by local charities and Mental Health Advocacy Services
- A pledge wall to demonstrate commitment to challenging mental health discrimination
- Stalls and information on the Five-Ways to Wellbeing – a combination of physical and mental health practices that are used to improve our own wellbeing
- Tea and talk sessions with tea, cake, coffee and speakers during the day
To find out more about Time to Change please visit their website https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/
For further information about campaigns local to Leicester and support available please visit https://www.leicester.gov.uk/mentalhealth