Why become involved?
We are looking for expressions of interest to become a member of a Community Partners Panel. We are looking for applicants from a variety of backgrounds who would like to offer their insight and experience to help shape the way our organisation carries out research to address health inequalities across the East Midlands.
Your Role on the community research panel could include:
- Setting the agenda
- Designing research
- Shaping ongoing research
- Deciding what research to fund
- Engaging with communities
- Representing community views and priorities
- Putting research into practice
You don’t need to know about research before you volunteer!
We will provide panel members with training to make sure they have the skills and understanding of health research, to contribute to the work we will carry out in partnership with one another. This training will usually take place on a week day and dates will be available throughout the year.
- Panel members provide valuable advice and experience from growing up and living in different communities that we as researchers may not have
- We are looking for individuals with: A passion to be involved in the local health and social care services. And above all, a willingness to contribute their time, personal skills and knowledge to support health research activities.
- In addition to the training we ask that you commit a minimum of 15 hours per calendar year to activities.
- Members will be required to commit to a minimum of 1 year in the role, which will be reviewed on an agreed basis
- All travel and out of pocket expenses will be covered in line with policy and practice.